Summer is over, and I started making pots again in mid-August. I have fired once. I am still hoping to get the kiln to fire my copper reds. Sometimes I think I am getting closer. In this firing, I had some slightly pink colors, which means they didn’t all come out yellow. I continue to have hope. I am putting up a couple of photos , one is the kiln loaded before the firing. It was ready for me to close the door and turn it on. The second photo is after the firing when I opened the door. If you look closely, you will see that the pots look smaller in the second photo. The pots shrink probably 14%, from the time I make them until they are fired the final time. They are full of water when first made, then as the water evaporates out, they get smaller, and the particles get even smaller when fired to almost 2400 degrees fahreinheit.
My favorite piece in this load is the large turquoise and white bowl on the fourth shelf from the bottom. I really like how that color combination looks in this newer kiln.